Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jungle Fever!

People from my Botanica Exotica class at Artfest 2009 have asked me to let them know what music I played during our class. Here goes:
The Best of Martin Denny
Johanna Kunin -Clouds Electric
Tito Puente
Kristy McColl
1 Giant Leap
Percy Faith
various traditional Hawaiian tunes: Isa Lei, Aloha Oe, Haere Mai
The Mermen


(I played that line up for the Insect class also)



Then in the afternoon I played all of Johanna Kunin's Clouds Electric
(I think those gals really dug it!)Johanna Kunin lives in Seattle. My musician brother turned me onto her fantastic music.












and then the following shuffled of course:

an un-named track from Zero 7
Paris -Yael Naïm
She's So Strange -Travis
Liar & The Thief -Tin Cup Prophette
Morning Bell -Radiohead
Hunting Bears -Radiohead
Better? -Propellerheads
Walking On The Moon -The Police
The Mess We're In -PJ Harvey Feat. Thom Yorke
The Garden -PJ Harvey
Soaked -Pinback
3 tracks I don'thave names for from a Neko Case mix
Do Not Go Quietly Unto Your Grave -Morphine
Blindfold -Morcheeba
Friction -Morcheeba
Sand -The Mermen
Satie Blues -Toby Twining -Margaret Leng Tan
Eleanor Rigby -Margaret Leng Tan
Smoke Signals -The Magnetic Fields
A Change Is Gonna Come -Leela James
My Joy -Leela James
Other Side Of The World -KT Tunstall
Walnut Tree -Keane
Somewhere In Between -Kate Bush
Flight Over Africa -Out Of Africa Soundtrack
You Are What You Love -Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
? -Iron and Wine
Extraordinary Machine -Fiona Apple
The Dicty Glide -Don Byron
Heard Somebody Say -Devendra Banhart
Sweet Jane -Cowboy Junkies
Chan Chan -Buena Vista Social
Frosti -Björk
Easy Living -Billie Holiday
Swollen -Bent
Sing Me -Bent
Circus Of Regrets -Béla Fleck
Paper Tiger -Beck
The Shining -Badly Drawn Boy
Just Friends -Amy Winehouse



No comments: