Sunday, April 18, 2010

Artfest Experiences

Hey! This is a photo by Adeola. I'm planning my creation at the Iron Chef Artist Challenge sitting next to Theo Elsworth, wearing his ghost glasses. She just a posted Artfest pictures on her blog! click here
You can see some of the great energy generated by the Iron Chef Artist Challenge and if you scroll down, I really enjoyed her pics of the journaling in the Kitchen Shelter by the beach. Love that tattoo! The bonfire journaling party is one of my FAVORITE events at AF the fire, the dogs and marshmallows, the creativity, the old woodstove going.... I well up with emotion!

3 comments:

the messy nest said...

Melissa, I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed your Hard Candy class at Artfest! I am now completely addicted to copper enameling, and cannot wait to finish up all this book art so I can go buy all the supplies and torch up a storm!

You were such a wonderful and giving teacher - I loved hearing about your teenage students, and all your trials and tribulations learning to enamel. I REALLY look forward to taking another class from you in the future. Thank you so much for providing such an amazing class :)

It was a true pleasure to meet you!

Melissa Manley said...

Jen! thank you, thank you! It was such a pleasure having you there and meeting you as well!

Riki Schumacher said...

I wish I could have seen you in action at this Iron Chef Artist event, what a hoot! Everyone looks like they are having a riot. Love it. Take care Melissa, miss you. Riki