Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Studio Time!

Long days in the studio lately... Artfest 2009 is coming! All during Spring Break last week I locked myself away trying to build a head of artistic steam. It was DELICIOUS! Studio time has become so precious to me as it is scarce. It'd been weeks since I spent more than a couple of hours there, and at that I am usually teaching someone else when I am there. So its nice to use ones own tools! It is hard for me to get an end product quickly when I haven't been making anything for weeks. Once I carve out time, drive down there, unlock, get everything out and on, turn on some music, I feel mental pressure to accomplish something immediately. I mean hey, the clock's ticking! But I have slowly realized that I have to spend two full days in the studio puttering, sweeping, getting acclimated, breaking sawblades, dropping things and basically creating disasters before something clicks. Tonight clicked! I am really excited about my new enamel pieces for Artfest vendor night! I wanted to post photos, but am just too lazy tonight. So I'll leave you with a Clarissa Pinkola Estes quote, as she is my newest obsession:

"The craft of questions, the craft of stories, the craft of the hands - all these are the making of something, and that something is soul. Anytime we feed soul, it guarantees increase."

......can't WAIT til I am in Port Townsend again!!!!!!! Food for the soul...... wheeeeeee!

No comments: