Monday, August 20, 2007

My New Hangout














My new favorite hangout....Ocean Grill Tiki Bar. http://www.oceangrill.us/
Many know that I have a barely contained passion for all things tiki and a companion love of surf guitar. My favorite band is the Mermen of San Fransisco. http://www.mermen.net/music.shtml
But I have finally visited Ocean grill and had the treat of hearing the Noseriders, while there munching on fried shrimp and sipping a lovely concoction called Ocean Potion, which came with fruit in the top. Nothing like yummy coconutty drinks with fruit! No umbrella though, it would have blown away in the constant breeze. My compadre Donna and I dubbed it the perfect cool mom hang out, the kids romp below and leave you alone... well kinda. They drove our bartender crazy asking for refills of shirleytemples, bless her heart. The Noseriders are AWESOME! Their epic tune Rooster Tail is my fav. They even did a great cover of Secret Agent Man. They had to drag me away....

2 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

The Ocean Grill Tiki Bar looks like a fantabulous place to hang out!!!

What a great site!!!

JJ

Melissa Manley said...

I left a comment on your blog. I enjoyed the little bit I explored there, hope to have more time to read this evening. Thanks for the comment!
Melissa