Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Gut Level!


I taught a class this year at Artfest called Marvelous Membranes. We focused on using hog gut, or sausage casings, as a covering for steel (iron) wire structures. Everyone had a unique experience and most loved working with it. We had a wonderful group of people who were definately troupers to try such a weird medium. These were objects laid out to dry. I was snapping photos so fast I lost track of who made what in some cases! I think these were some jewelry pieces Terese Wix was working on. And some delicate earrings with beads inside by Tonia Davenport.

4 comments:

Jane Ann Wynn said...

lovely updates!
I am tickled to get to see these things through your camera!

XoxoxoX
Jane

Ro Bruhn said...

Love these, so unusual, I love your jewellery in previous posts too
Ro

Ann Marie Horgan said...

These are beautiful.
Ann Marie.

Melissa Manley said...

Thank you, thank you!