Thursday, August 28, 2008

STOP TITAN


If you live in southeastern NC I hope you are aware (you may have been in a cave I don't know, I spend alot of time in one) that negotiations have been made behind closed doors with county government officials to entice Titan Cement company to build a factory to make cement right in my back yard. I am pissed. I really don't want to breathe arsenic and lord knows what else. I really don't want mercury leaching into our waters and fish. the bad thing I use portland cement. I use it quite a bit right now. So here I sit in a hypocritical position. It is hard to not take a "not in my back yard" stance. I guess I just wish industry could conduct its business in an honest, open and caring way. But the truth is they will hide, lie and pollute just as much as they can get away with. And if wishes were horses beggars would ride. Still until there are better ways to police industries like Titan, I will be sporting my very stylish Stoptitan tote bag...or maybe I shall get the T-shirt.

No comments: