Thursday, January 21, 2010

Masonboro Channel Paddle








Saturday, I took the day off and paddled with Robert over to Masonboro Island. They're dredging the inlet right now and making a ruckus! The noise was like hanging out near Mordor with the machinery of war. Not the outdoor experience we were seeking. Still, I needed a paddle and I found a pretty urchin and made these prints with him in the sand. Robert tried out his new Storm cag which goes over pfd and everything. He looks quite fetching! There was so little wind that the channel was glassy. You could see the bottom, with its wafting green and purple vegetation. I kept drifting behind getting lost in watching the bottom. Unfortunately, my pictures were too blurry to share.
I love this little stunted oak growing right over the intracoastal waterway. I'd love to know how old it is. Its not large, but has such a pretty form to have struggle against sand, salt and storms.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Looks like a wonderful day. But, the noise was a bummer I'm sure. I think that would be so much fun to paddle but, know I don't have the upper body/arm strength to make it happen. Charlene