Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lovely Days on the Channel



Whenever we can, we've been spending stolen hours at the north end of Wrightsville Bch.
When I was in high school it was where we trudged to build bonfires as there were no structures there. The huge dunes hid our teenage gatherings. I have watched storms in the distance off the coast there, huge lightshows that I later painted on large canvases. But that was years ago. Now there are people and the Shell Island resort complex. Still, it remains relatively sparsely populated with tourists so we love the bird sanctuary and quietly loll about in the water watching the black skimmers, oyster catchers, terns, plovers, osprey and gulls. I love this wee water nymph bubble bath and the little geysers created by the incoming tide. And I had to snap this shot of the writing the wind makes with the sea oats.

No comments: